10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
Let me tell you a fucking thing about costume design. That’s some in depth, difficult shit to learn. And the fact that this goddess can ramble this shit off the cuff means she knows her shit. ELLE WOODS IS A GODAMNED GENIUS AND IT’s NOT A STRETCH TO BELIEVE SHE GOT INTO HARVARD LAW MMMK?
FUCK YEAH ELLE WOODS OR DIE
this movie is literally about an attractive woman who loves to party having to prove over and over again that she’s also intelligent and hard-working to those who judge her based on her looks (who also empowers and fights for other women, and fosters unlikely friendships instead of engaging in girl hate) and if you don’t think that’s some great feminist shit then I don’t know what your problem is
Why Legally Blonde will always have a special place in my heart.
httyd modern au where toothless is a black corvette and hiccup is a total grease monkey
okay but someone needs to draw this right the fuck now
Everyone dismisses Hiccup as the scrawny robotics nerd slash the dork who hangs around the auto shop at school all the time- until he turns sixteen and shows up the next day at school on the coolest fucking bike anyone has ever seen in their life.
Or perhaps in Slytherin. You’ll make your real friends, those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends.”
» Idris Elba // Lucy Liu // Hrithik Roshan // Angel Coulby
Oh, he’s beautiful! And look, he’s your age!
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
May I just say, before I saw this gifset explaining the show, I just thought that PD was about a really adorable germ-a-phobe.
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favourite shows. Gutted it only had two season but those two seasons are PHENOMENAL!
This is rad
we need a superhero like one of these ladies
maybe another hawkeye??
i didn’t even notice until halfway down the post when i read the “being the teacher with the robot leg” sign that i realized everyone is missing a limb. Biomedical Engineers are really outdoing themselves and it’s both fantastic and sometimes even glamorous.
impossible is nothing
that tattoo looking one is so badass